Saturday, July 19, 2008

Saturday's Sadness

First on a positive note....I just finished reading the best fiction book that I have read in a long time....The Shack by William P. Young. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who loves to read as well as those who don't. It's about love, loss, and God's amazing love for his creation and His desire to have a relationship with us.....this book makes you sad and joyful all at the same time.

Today my heart was saddened. Sometimes it's hard to come home from work without being influenced by what is happening in the lives of others......moms and dads who are no longer able to care for themselves and reley on their children to help clean and feed them.....the husbands and wives who watch the love of their life fade off into another world and no longer recogonizes the one who has given them their heart for so many years...... and today a young girl in her 20's who will never know the joy that children bring to your heart, the feel of the man of your dreams holding you after a passionate night of making love.....for her life on earth will be cut short.

Praise God that our lives do not end when our time on earth ends.

1 comment:

Lorrie said...

I guess I'm going to have to read this highly controversial book.

I'm sorry you had a sad saturday. I know it has to get to you sometimes. All the more to give thanks for our health, even if that's all we've got.

L-